Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Black Dresser : Target

black dresser with stained top

Move from the center to the edges of the piece with light, long strokes. Remember to not apply too heavily, and continue staining until it’s covered. If you have to do a couple more light coats, it’s better than doing a coat too heavy.

black dresser with stained top

Another way I would recommend that is super durable is to use chalk paint. Many think that chalk paint has to be distressed or aged, but it does not. If you want black black, I would buy it and not make it yourself. Making black chalk paint sometimes ends up lighter since you need to add white powder to make it. You can roll it on and then use an angled brush on the rungs or chairs and table legs.

SOLD***Shabby Chic Dresser/ Stormy Seas and Vintage Duckegg Blue/ Cappuccino Stained top

It may change the color, but be a bit more transparent. If your piece has darker knots and grain swirls you may still see them. In the Lowes I go to, they have little sample swatches of all the colors on wood so you can see what the stain will look like. You can see the black totally hides the wood and grain.

Gilding wax ~ How to add details to your painted pieces. What a big difference in that room Diane! I never would have thought of stain for them; it’s amazing how you changed them from country to modern chic with a new color.

How to Paint Furniture Black

Next, we will use the same technique with a slightly darker neutral paint color called Gray Linen, also from Wise Owl. As always, I am using my favorite yellow sponge to apply the glaze aka wood stain. They do tend to go in and out of stock, so when they are in stock I grab a few. I usually keep a rag on hand to wipe off any excess wax that I may have brushed on. Again, this step is more of art than science–they key is to apply it lightly.

black dresser with stained top

You can paint over black wood furniture, but it is best to use a primer first. Black furniture can be tricky to paint because it can absorb a lot of paint. Using a primer will help to prevent this from happening.

Recent Posts

Make sure the surface is smooth and not tacky anywhere. If it is not tacky from the earlier stain, then you are good to go to apply the PolyShades. Polyshades is a very different than just plain stain.

We did it, thanks to your inspiration. My college-aged son now approves of his old This End Up furniture. And now my older son is planning to do the same with his pine furniture. In my research I have found a lot of mixed reviews on the polyshades but I have found everyone that has used a chemical stripper has had great results. If you are hesitant – try it on the underside of a chair or the table. Usually some of the finish is on the outer edges of the underside.

About This Post

I didn't not give it a 5 star rating only because it took a very long time to assemble, other than that it's very good. Seems overwhelming at first but once u get started it come together pretty quickly. I love that the drawers move so effortlessly. And it’s not too heavy after completely assembling it.

black dresser with stained top

We built tables, shelves, a backyard shed, 10' base for a water slide into the pool, 2 story fort playhouse with a fire pole, and so much more. This woodworking blog allows me to write helpful articles so others can enjoy woodworking as much as we have. Before sanding down the drawer fronts, I filled in each of the drawer pull holes with plastic wood. This product only takes about 15 minutes to dry and then you can sand and stain it just like the rest of the wood. Hi Elisabetta – Try each one on the underside of the desk to experiment with both to see which one you like better. I think I would go with the black stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment