Friday, December 9, 2022

Black And Wood Dresser Makeover

black dresser makeover

It just doesn’t hold up as well as good ole real wood does. Upcycling laminate furniture is a budget friendly way to have beautiful furniture in your home. Here is how to paint a laminate dresser that will have a long lasting and durable paint finish. Learn how to transform a dresser with this list of makeovers as the perfect guide.

black dresser makeover

Cindy- these dressers turned out amazing. Congratulations on your up and coming grandbaby. I love that you were able to spend time with your daughter and help her with this project. Thank you for sharing your tips and ideas with us. Here are two more posts to show you how beautiful painted areas go along with natural wood areas on a piece of furniture. Trippy Blocks is such a cute design for littles but I also think it looks like diamond plate.

Pink Vintage Dresser with Gold Hardware

The furniture good quality so I decided rather than buy new, I would try painting it. All of the wood trim in our house is white, so white seemed to be the obvious choice. I wanted to updated the hardware to take it from a country looking piece to something more modern and I decided to go without the door. I did not use a primer on this project.

black dresser makeover

After dodging it all this time I suppose it was my turn! Fortunately, it has been a very mild case and my biggest complaint is the burning in my chest and extreme fatigue. The end table below was a $3 find. It was in bad shape when I found it but after I got the makeover done, I love it so much.

The Teal Painted Dresser Makeover

If you’re looking for a quick, easy DIY project for home, you might try painting furniture with chalk paint, too. Stop painting the same thing over and over. This unique stenciled furniture finish willset your painted furniture apart from the restin no time! Check out this must see tutorial on how to stencil furniture with a distressed raised texture. I would love to see your black makeovers! Post a photo of them on Instagram and tag me @mycreativedays so I can see them!

black dresser makeover

So this was a bit harder than expected. Copyright Little House of Four - Creating a beautiful home, one thrifty project at a time.. Remove hardware and clean the dresser well with a good cleaner such as LA's Totally Awesome or Simple Green. This allows you to see what dirt/damage can be cleaned and what needs to be repaired.

Dresser makeover Supplies needed:

The first thing I did was spray bin shellac primer in the edges with a aerosol can. With all the edging it can be a really pain getting in the grooves with a paint brush. You can see in the images above that Big Mama’s Butta was really put to good use.

I applied it with THIS APPLICATOR PAD. This BLUE SPONGE applies topcoats so easily. It also ensures you don’t get any brush strokes like you may when applying a topcoat with a paintbrush. Once the paint was dry, I added two coats of THIS SATIN TOPCOAT. Love the color-coordinated outfits.

I accidentally put it on in a different angle on one drawer and had to redo it. (Again the black chalk paint came to my rescue! I painted over the design and just started again). Thankfully my failures weren’t so horrible that I couldn’t fix them with a little chalk paint!

black dresser makeover

Not only was it missing it’s legs, it was dirty, sticky, and the corners of some of the drawers we’re broken off. But for $25, I couldn’t pass it up for my own home! Bachelor's Chest painted in MMS Mustard Seed Yellow milk paint. The decorative detailing is hand done.

No comments:

Post a Comment